The event has already happened! We had a great time – thank you to everyone that came! If you couldn’t join us, you can catch up with this full video !
We’re back for 2018- come join us!
Get Free Tickets at www.hufs2018launch.eventbrite.co.uk
Hull University Formula Student is launching it’s 2018 season, and you’re invited! It’s free to attend, refreshments included.
Join us for an introduction to the Formula Student competition. Discover how you can get involved and be the first to get a look at this season’s car designs. Hear from our special guest speakers including Guy Smith, professional racing driver and Le Mans 24hr race winner and Peter Weston, esteemed race engineer and LMP1 Project Leader. The evening will be led by our team’s co-founder Brian Houston and guest host Ben Milhech, commercial sports specialist and professional golfer.
- Challenge Guy Smith, Le Mans 24hr winner, in our simulator
- Get up close and personal with our vehicles on display
- Learn about all the benefits to getting involved with our team
- Q&A session with our guests and team – don’t be shy!
- Plus free refreshments
Formula Student doesn’t just test engineering skills! A successful team needs a wide variety of skills (and no small amount of dedication) from many areas of interest. No matter what you study, you could get involved in one of the most exciting competitions our there all whilst developing key skills and boosting your CV. And did we mention it’s a lot of fun?
So come along and see what it really takes to compete in this prestigious international competition!
Our special guests
A professional racing driver and winner of Le Mans 24h in 2003, Guy is also an ambassador and driver for Bentley Motors, currently racing with Bentley in the Blancpain endurance series.
Esteemed professional race engineer at David Appleby Engineering Ltd. on one of two Aston Martin Vantage GT4 cars. Prior to this, he has been responsible for project planning and co-ordination of engine products for major motorsport series such as Le Mans 24h in LMP1-L, director of Peter Weston Engineering Ltd., custom motorcycle design, Chief Engineer for Dyson Racing Team and Project Leader for Lola Cars, including designing of the Lola LMP1 car for 1998 and 2000.
Co-founder of Greenlight sports and entertainment. Ben has represented England and Great Britain in Ice Hockey and is a professional golfer. He has extensive commercial sports experience in golf (European Tour/Challenge Tours), the Premier League, Championship football & Formula 1.
17:00 – Arrival & Reception
18:00 – Presentation (including an introduction to Formula Student, unveiling of this season’s car designs and technical overview, and our keynote speakers)
19:00 – Q&A session
19:15 – Networking & Refreshments
Highlights of the Evening
- “What is Formula Student” and the history of Hull University Formula Student, led by co-founder and current faculty advisor Brian Houston
- Be the first to see the current season’s car designs, with a digital reveal and presentation from the current Hull University Formula Student team
- Keynote speeches from esteemed industry professionals
- The chance to try out our simulator and challenge Guy Smith
- Discover ways you can get involved – be you student, faculty, or friend!